Recent Posts: Blue DeBell

Top Posts & Pages

Cosy corners Hygge Lifestyle

HYGGE

December 22, 2018

Pleasure can be found in the smallest of things. Setting aside a time in your day to indulge in life’s little pleasures can make a world of difference. I invite all of you to think about the things that make you happy. These things can be as small as the smell of fresh cut grass or the sound that rain makes when it pours onto the pavement. Think about these things and recognise which moments you need to stop and smell the preverbal roses, or even, the real roses.

The Danish have a word for this sensation of finding pleasure in the small things, they call it, Hygge:

Hyggehue-guh– ‘is a Danish word used to acknowledge a special feeling or moment. It can be alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary, but is always cosy, charming or special’

The Hygge House

Here are a list of my top 10 things that bring me happiness.

Hygge, Self Care

What brings you happiness?

Join 440 other subscribers

Yolanda
    December 28, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I just started reading a book about hygge last night. Nothing better than embracing this tradition. I’m off to go have some tea and porridge with blueberries πŸ™‚

Colleen
      December 28, 2018 at 4:47 pm

What book are you reading? I’d love to learn more about hygge.

• Blue DeBell
        January 8, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Check out the Little Book of Hygge. It’s full of recipes, activities and things you can do or make πŸ™‚

Blue DeBell
      January 8, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Love blueberries! Incidentally my favourite. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day πŸ™‚

Colleen
    December 28, 2018 at 4:49 pm

I love the morning hours where it’s quiet and calm (except when the cat is being naughty). Reading a good book, the first sip of well-made coffee, the heat of the fireplace when it’s cold out, and the cat curled up against my leg on the couch.

hunnyimhomediy
    December 29, 2018 at 4:26 pm

This is something I’m definitely going to focus more on in the new year! It’s easy to let the hustle and bustle of life get in the way of enjoying the little things to the fullest.

Blue DeBell
      January 8, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Such a good goal! I really think my life has already been better by stopping to enjoy things. I’ve noticed a huge difference in my stress levels as well

itsahotmess04
    December 30, 2018 at 12:03 am

This is absolutely perfect. I was just talking to my husband earlier, on how I wanted to focus on the little things that bring me happiness outside of being a mom. Coffee, fuzzy blankets, movies, lots of cuddles.

Ingrid
    December 30, 2018 at 4:56 pm

“Pleasure can be found in the smallest of things”. This statement is so true. For me Hygge is experienced with the smell of rain on fresh concrete, the smell of freshly baked bread, the smell of a freshly cleaned house, the light in the eyes of my husband as he looks at me. when someone is kind to my children, the cooing sounds of a baby. Money in the bank or achievement of personal goals cannot beat the warm gushy feelings that these aforementioned things bring to me

Rebecca
    December 31, 2018 at 11:48 am

Warm coffee yes! Hygge for me: Freshly painted nails, a beautiful sunrise with that cup of coffee, my daughter’s smile when she first wakes up, my husband’s fresh haircut, the feel of warm blankets straight from the dryer, a cool gust of wind in the fall πŸ™‚ I love this word!

Blue DeBell
      January 8, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Aww these are amazing ❀️

Erin (@herheartland)
    December 31, 2018 at 2:30 pm

These are some of my favorite things! I love hygge!

Blue DeBell
      January 8, 2019 at 5:35 pm

I love the idea that happiness can be found in small things ❀️

kage2015
    January 11, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Laughter of my children, the smell of something delicious cooking in my kitchen, fresh cut grass in the summer and the smell of garden dirt when planting.

Blue DeBell
      January 15, 2019 at 3:45 pm

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing <3

Beth
    January 11, 2019 at 9:45 pm

I’m all about finding happiness in little things! My favorites right now include cuddling with my dogs on the sofa, chai tea, and long walks (when it isn’t too cold!)

Blue DeBell
      January 15, 2019 at 3:45 pm

I love Chai tea! You can bring a hot cup on your long walks πŸ˜‰ Thank you for sharing!

Sara Ross
    January 12, 2019 at 12:53 am

I keep hearing about Hygge but I haven’t looked too much into yet. Little things that make me happy: the first cup of coffee in the morning, freshly fallen snow on the ground, ice cream cones, warm socks, the smiles on my kids’ faces, a new book! I think this list could go on and on.

Blue DeBell
      January 15, 2019 at 3:46 pm

That is amazing! I love that you have a long list of things that bring you joy <3

Kristin's Peppermints and Cherries
    January 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Hygge is a new word for me. I enjoy quiet moments, music, family times, the changing of seasons, and prayer. Definitely don’t do glitter. πŸ™‚ I have two littles, and glitter is banned from my house. Ha ha! And Christmas cards with glitter go straight to the trash. πŸ™‚

Blue DeBell
      January 15, 2019 at 3:48 pm

Haha glitter is a bit messy! especially with little ones!

Michelle
    January 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm

I have no idea what this is but it sounds interesting!

Blue DeBell
      January 15, 2019 at 3:49 pm

I love this concept! There is a really good book called the Little Book of Hygge. It is full of Hygge ideas like recipes, activities ect. The goal is really just to find the joy in small things in life <3

Ashley Sugimoto
    January 30, 2019 at 8:45 am

Hygge is literally my favourite thing ever. I learned about. This when I visited Norway last year and I find such joy in posts like these πŸ’•πŸ’•

Blue DeBell
      January 30, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Thank you! I love this, my boyfriend was born in Denmark and taught me a bit about it. I love the idea behind it ❀️ thank you for reading!

roypush
    January 31, 2019 at 2:57 pm

What a beautiful word to capture those feelings when enjoying life’s little pleasures! I didn’t know about this word but it made me think about a lot of things that make me happy. The smell of freshly brewed coffee in the morning, a good book, a bright sunny day during these cold months..the list is longπŸ’•

Love,